Thursday, February 17, 2011

It Led Me to This

I just got attack group hugged by my entire Tiger Club Class in the hallway.  Tiger Club is our after school program and I teach two nights a week.  Tonight was not my night to teach, but as I was leaving the building my kids were standing in the hallway and they all just swarmed and surrounded me in a huge group hug that was filled with so much love.  It's moments like that that really make me thank God for having a plan for me.

I am such a person who wants to be in control and I am a major planner.  I was never supposed to be a teacher.  Actually, I am pretty sure growing up with a teacher for a mother I said I would NEVER be a teacher.  My plan was to go to pharmacy school.  There I would meet and fall in love with another pharmacist, because 90% of pharmacists marry other pharmacists.  We would own our own pharmacy and have little pharmacy babies and live happily ever after.  That was my dream and I was quite devastated when I discovered that I didn't like pharmacy school and I really didn't enjoy working in a pharmacy.

When I left pharmacy school I was Pre-med, then Pre-Physical Therapy, then Pre-Occupational Therapy. I finally graduated with a degree in nutrition, but really didn't know what I was going to do with it.
Some where along the line though I fell in love with ministry.  That's why I am working on my masters in Theology.  And this teaching job... well I kind of just fell into it and it has been one of the best things of my life over the last few years.

I don't regret going to pharmacy school, or transferring schools two times, or changing my major four.  Those are the things that have shaped me and helped me become the person I am today, the person I will be.  Those things led me to this!

I promise that not all my post will be about songs, but music is a huge part of my life. I heard this song for the first time this past weekend .
It is called "This" by Darius Rucker.

I don't really know how I got here
But I'm so glad that I did
And it's crazy to think that one little thing
Could have changed all of this
Maybe it didn't turn out like I planned
Maybe that's why I'm such, such a lucky man

Every stoplight I didn't make
Every chance I did or I didn't take
All the nights I went too far
All the girls that broke my heart
All the doors that I had to close
All the things I knew but I didn't know
Thank God for all I missed
Cause it led me here to this


So here I am working in a job I said I would never do and studying a subject that never even crossed my mind, but I am happier than ever and I know that these things are part of what is shaping and molding me now for the future.  They are leading me to what I will be 5, 10, 20 years from now.

No comments:

Post a Comment